Our Wedding Day!!
Our wedding photos have arrived so time to share a few photos! I wanted to go for a whimsical fairytale feel on my wedding day. But I also didn't want it to be super pink, so for my color palette I choose lots of a touch of soft blush pink, lots of creams and ivory, tons of greenery, and a hint of gold!
From one bride to another, I hope you remember that there are only photos. They don't capture the essence of what it means to have a beautiful marriage. A beautiful marriage goes beyond beautiful photos. And fortunately, they also go beyond poorly captured wedding photos. It isn't about creating staged beauty and fake emotion, but real love and moments. Just remember that every time you look at wedding photos. with love, Rebecca.
We originally didn't want to do a first look and just have the traditional "don't see the bride until she walks down the aisle." But we also didn't want to keep our guest waiting at the reception just so we could take our photos - everything pointed to having a first look and it was such a great decision. I was so excited to see John and it didn't take away from the aisle moment at all! I just loved the part where I could be with him and we could have our last moments as a single, dating couple.
Ceremony - Let's get married!
When it came to decorating the church, we started the night before around 8pm after Wednesday service. So that didn't leave us a a lot of time to figure out how to get some little things ready! But thankfully, the ceremony is all about Jesus and this amazing gift called marriage - so it all turned out perfectly fine!
Reception - It's celebration time!
I tried to keep the decorations minimal so we could spend a lot more on good food, desserts, and music! We went with a bunch of Italian ruscus to add the whimsy effect, and candles to set the right mood for partying the night away!
Our Wedding Video
Wedding Vendors & Things
Hopefully some of these information will be helpful for those who want to have their budget wedding!
- Wedding Photographer: Lauren Grigg (I really wanted a photographer who had a fine arts photography style)
- Wedding Videographer: Reagan Lynn Films
- Wedding Video Editor: me! :)
- Wedding Dress: Rebecca Ingram collection by Maggie Sottero // "Yvonne"
- Wedding Veil: Casablanca ($200 but we got it for free at the wedding boutique after buying my wedding dress there)
- Wedding Shoes: ASOS heels & TOMS flats
- Makeup: self makeup :)
- Hair: Jessica, my sweet friend who offered to do it for me.
- Hairpiece: Etsy - SarasBoutique
- Bouquet Ribbons: Etsy - PaperieAndSilk
- Processional Song: We Bought A Zoo by Jonsi
- Walk Down the Aisle: One Thousand Years by The Piano Guys
- Worship Songs: How Great Thou Art & Reckless Love
- Officiant: Our BCM Director :)
- Rose Petals: Farm Girl Rose Petals from Etsy
- Cake Topper: Etsy - alphabetcanvas
- Candy: 5lb orders from Amazon
- Tableware: Amazon (scored 5% cashback on an awesome deal 6 months before the wedding)
- Catering: Nami Restaurant (family friend so we scored another awesome deal!)
And I cannot forget the amazing friends who decorated the whole thing for me since 7am. You guys know who you are, and John & I are so grateful to have friends like you guys. You made us gush the whole ride home after the wedding! We're also so thankful for the strong Korean church ladies who delivered, served, set up, and cleaned up! They are like tiny ninjas! Thank you to the bridesmaids and groomsmen who helped out the day before and the day of to make it go smoothly! We were surprised with a lot of things to do the day before, and you came through!! All the tasks you guys did on the day of our wedding...i'm just so thankful! And Sarah, my maid of honor, you kept reminding me to drink water and did everything for me!! You're way too rad. *tears*